Monday, January 3, 2011

The Way It Is, Not the way I wanted. . .

We started off our new year like many of you.
Friends, family and food.

Saying goodbye to the old and welcoming in the new.
A fresh start, a new beginning.

Then the kids got sick.

Then our car broke down.
Clear across town.

This is not how I pictured my new year starting. In my mind the house was clean, the Christmas boxes neatly packed and put away. And we were spending the last days of the kids break relaxing and enjoying each others company.

So, when everything in my little plan began to unravel yesterday I was-
Not amused.
At.All.
Annoyed really.

Then they called and told us how much it was going to cost to fix it-and I was really annoyed.
And questioning. The big one being, Where the heck are we coming up with that??

But, then I am reminded once again, that God is in control. He is never surprised. And He is always looking out for our best.
My best and God's often look different. My best would be a life of comfort, health and always full bank account.
But, God wants what is best for my heart, and faith rarely grows from a place of comfort.
So, I've got a choice, be annoyed and frustrated and scurry around trying to come up with a solution.
OR, believe that God is in control and ground my feelings on that fact.

Not exactly how I'd planned on beginning the new year.
But, what better way than knowing God is good, and in control?!

2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

Angie...the last several years have been very tough financially but they have been a huge blessing for us in learning to rely on God. He just keeps providing. At the time something happens it is frustrating and our human selves can't say 'thank you' for them.
Good for you for pushing the human feelings aside!

Angie said...

Thanks for you testimony of faith!

Post a Comment