Monday, January 10, 2011

Oh the Things You Can Think. . .

Kids are home today due to a snow day.
Lot's of inches with more coming down.

With a house full of excited kiddos and even extra excited beagle there isn't much thinking or deep writing going on here.

So, here are some things I can't stop thinking about from the weekend.

Hanging with The Hubs and friends listening to some friends play jazz. It was great!

Christmas is over, how did that happen? And while putting up the trees is a wonderful thing putting them away NOT. SO. MUCH.

Going to the grocery store when the city is under a major snow advisory, not so fun.

Listening to my little girl sing, makes me Oh so happy.

The shooting in AZ, oh I can't some of those images out of my mind. I really should be banned from watching the news sometimes.

My dear friends are missionaries in Ghana Africa and her sister and mom are there now visiting. . .oh I wish I could repost some of her emails. You feel like you are right there in the midst of it all. If could urge you to do one thing today, it would be to take the time and pray for your missionaries today. The work they do is priceless and oh so exhausting.

Our ladies Bible study begins this Thursday-WOO HOO! We are doing Beth Moore's study A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place. I've been wanting to do this study for YEARS and now the time has come. I cannot dig into God's Word with some amazing ladies.

My boys had their basketball games on Sat. Can I just tell you that as a mom it's as intense as any College or NBA game you could watch!

My beloved Chiefs got their tales kicked yesterday. Oh the agony.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell.
What about you? What consumed your weekend?

2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

Hey...you didn't say a sick kiddo consumed you!! That's fantastic news. Want to borrow one so you would feel normal?

Angie said...

I know, amazing huh??
Hope your little guy feels better soon!

Post a Comment