Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Song

I read these verses this morning out of Psalms 96
Sing to the LORD a new song;
sing to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Sing to the LORD, praise his name;
proclaim his salvation day after day.
3 Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous deeds among all peoples.


Which made my spaghetti brain ( do you know what that is? If you do, know that mine often works over time! And if you don't you're probably a man and you don't have one so yeah, for you)go into over drive and I began looking up many of the passages in the Bible that talk about a new song. (Which then got me to thinking about that Christian group called New Song that sings that uber depressing Christmas Shoes song. It's hard to be me sometimes!)

Anyway, there are many verses that talk about the great things the Lord has done so the writer was going to sing a new song.
As I pondered that for awhile, that got me thinking about my song.
Is it new? Or is it the same song, second (or 1,000) verse?
You know the one, I'm so busy, overworked, tired that's why I do (or don't do) X,Y,Z. . .
I'm sick of singing that song. And I know surely those around me are tired of hearing it.

So, I'm singing a new song. My hope is in you, my glory is in you, my passion is for you, Lord! Then I am praying and putting into action those words becoming a reality.

What about you, what's your new song?

0 comments:

Post a Comment