Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hauling Trash

I don't know about you, but after Christmas we had ALLOT of trash.
Bags and bags filled to the brim.
We celebrated at my folks were they are only allowed to put two bags out by their curb at a time.
So, The Hubs hauled the overstuffed trash bags to our house.
You couldn't see it from the outside, but the back on his van was filled with about 10 bags. We couldn't even load the new gifts because the trash took up to much space.

That got me thinking about all the junk I am hauling around everyday. No one may be able to see it, but boy are the bags there!
Filled to the brim with all sorts of garbage-some that I've been carrying around since well, what seems like forever.

Why haven't I unloaded them by now?
Why does it seem like sometimes I'd rather hold on to the garbage bags than lay them down for a treasure?
Like the treasure of freedom-hauling all those bags can be a heavy job?

There is only One who is strong enough to bear the burden of all those bags and yet that is rarely the person who I dump them on.
I dump them on The Hubs, the kids, a friend, the clerk in the store, the person driving to slow in front of me. The list goes on and on.
And, yet not one of those people can do a thing about taking those bags from me.
Oh, they can sympathize about the bags and maybe even hold them for awhile, but not one of them can take them away.

So, beings the process of dumping all these bags I've been hauling around, one by one at the feet of Jesus.
I'm so tired of hauling them around-that takes allot out of a girl!

Do you ever feel that way? That you are hauling your garbage around? Some of it you pick up along the way and you don't even know where it came from?

Well, I invite you to take yours, along with me to the Holy Dump. Let's throw it all out-and LEAVE it there!

My prayer is that when I fall back into old patterns and begin to pick up those bags again that I would be made aware of the supernatural stink of them and drop them just as quickly as I picked them up.



Claim this verse along with me
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

0 comments:

Post a Comment