Monday, August 3, 2009

Fun in the Sun

The three monkeys and I went to a local water park today. There was excitement in the air!! We've been wanting to go for a while, but the weather hasn't been cooperating. So, today was the BIG DAY!
Normally, we would have friends with us, but for various reasons, today it was just us. And, I must confess, I was a little leery of that.
There is a pretty wide age gap with my kiddos and there is a HUGE personality gap with my boys. Night and Day. One is a thinker, one is a doer. One is laid back, one is a ball of energy. Thankfully, the baby girl is right in the middle. But, you can imagine that those differences often bring-shall we say, challenges?!?!
BUT, today-TODAY I watched this lovely thing unfold before my eyes. A coming together- a meeting of the minds. Watching Mr. Go Getter let Mr. Laid Back take his hand while waiting their turn , and then go down the water slides together with Sister in between. Sharing, concern for one another,cheering each other on, encouraging each other to do the Biggest Cannon Ball Ever. Genuine love passing back and forth.
This is a day a mother holds in her heart for years to come! One you look back on and reflect on how perfect it was, how good God is.
Now, I'm not naive, I know there will be fights again this week and a hurt feelings again tomorrow.
But, for today- today was a glimpse of the all the things we've been working on- paying off.

Thank You, Jesus, for answering prayer and giving us hope to hold on- a glimmer of the finish line, so we can keep pursuing the prize.

0 comments:

Post a Comment