Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vision Trouble

Yesterday the Princess was watching Diego for awhile and they were talking about Condors and their vision. When she looked at me and said you don't have good eyes Momma because you have to wear glasses.
And, it's true.
I am blind as a bat, completely lost without my glasses. They are the first thing I reach for when I wake up. I don't take a step without my glasses on.

Perhaps that is why I love the old hymn Be Thou My Vision. I can relate to not being able to see with a little help with my vision.


Be Thou My Vision
O Lord of my heart,
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou Art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Riches I head not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.


Yes, I have a vision problem that requires glasses, but I also have a heart problem that require me to have a vision I don't possess on my own.
His vision for my life, for those around me and how I view them.
That my every thought when sleeping and when I wake would be all about HIM and how I can bring glory to His name.
His wisdom and not my own.
Not the World's riches or empty praise,
But the inheritance of Heaven.

It can seem overwhelming to try and live up to that-and on my own I certainly couldn't even come close.
That's why I pray," Lord, give me your vision, otherwise I'll never be able to see."
That his will and way would be the first thing I reach for and not take one step without them!

2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

I don't know what it's going to take to get some of my friends to follow your blog but no other blog is more inspiring to me than yours.

There is a new gadget you might want to add. It makes non blogging people be able to read your blog easier. Just look under gadgets and click the add to email linky button thing. :)

Angie said...

You are so sweet and such an encouragement to me!

Added the linky-thanks for the tip! :)

Post a Comment