Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cowboy boots and Tutu's

The Princess's favorite outfit combination the last couple of weeks has been her pink cowboy boots and fluffy tutu.

Yep, that' my girl-and I wouldn't change a thing!

Today when she hopped out of the car it got me thinking of how that is a perfect picture of how we as women should be.

Tough, like the leather of the boots-let's face it our toes are going to get stepped on-, but soft and sweet like the tutu-because without the gentleness of a lady this world we be a harder place to survive.

What a balance that can be? Surely, it's not just me that thinks so.

The World and life in general can toughen a girl up, sometimes so much so that we become harden and difficult.
Or we can be so dainty and delicate the first strong wind would blow us away.

Balance.

Easy to say, hard to do. Yet, my little girl does it so naturally. Perhaps we make it harder than it has to be. (and by we I mean me)

0 comments:

Post a Comment