Friday, March 11, 2011

When Hope Gets Dusty



**I wrote this three years ago.  I woke up with it on my mind today and thought there might be someone out there who needed to hear this message.
It's time-Dust off your hope and let's walk this thing out.


I was dusting yesterday-a job LONG overdue-and on our bookshelves we have a little plaque made up of black letters that says HOPE.

The dust just clung to the black and was hard to get off.

It got me to thinking about the Hope in my life.

Sometimes it gets dusty.


There are lots of reasons why, but mostly it usually comes from a lack of faith or circumstances have worn me down.
Sometimes my hope can even feel forgotten by The One who I put my Hope in.

Surely,  I'm not the only one?

We talked allot about this at Bible study yesterday and maybe that is why it was on my mind.

Or maybe it was because of those I see struggling with finding a job, wayward kids, unloving marriages, infertility, sickness that doesn't feel like it will ever end. Disappointment after disappointment.

Waiting. Watching. Waining.

It can wear you down after awhile.

 When you feel like maybe peace, joy, stability. . those are for others and not yourself.

Sometimes you've got to take your HOPE down and dust it off.

Let's pour these words of hope into our weary hearts.


______________________________________________________
You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. Job 11:18

Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Ps 25:25
But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, Ps 38:18

“But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.Ps 39:7
______________________________________________________

Today if you need to dust your Hope off-do it. Take it to the Lord, tell Him you need to shake the dust off.
And remember, WHO your Hope is in.
It's not in this world or the rulers of it. It's not in circumstances or people.
Our only hope is in Jesus.

If you need to, write these verses of hope down. Post them throughout your home, in your car, in your cube at work-wherever you  might see or need  them most.

Let them rest in your weary heart for awhile.

Then dust off your hope and let's do this thing called life-and do it well.

Remember our Hope is in Jesus, and with that hope comes the knowledge and faith that he sees us, he

knows our every circumstance and his timing is always perfect.

_______________________________________________________

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31



Hoping with you in Christ Alone,


2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

You changed your look again. I like it better.
As usual, this is a very good post. Are you writing a devotional book yet?

Angie said...

Thanks-I was trying to make it a bit less girly for any men that might wonder into the blog ;)

You are always such a great encouragement!

Post a Comment