Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Stars at Night. . .

If you can finish the lyrics then you probably know where The Fam is this week.

Yep, that's right-Deep in the heart of Texas.

We are here visiting my husbands family, so the kids are getting a good dose of Grandma, Aunts and Cousins.

We are enjoying, family, sweet tea, deep fried things of various sorts and some OUTSTANDING TexMex, campfires, and stars at night.

One of my favorite things so far has been singing my babies to sleep at night. Something I always did while they were little, and still do with the Princess, but it's been a long time for the boys.
Even the 12 year old has throughly enjoyed this. Makes a Mommas heart tender toward her babies.
And, it's been really interesting to hear their song choices.
From Twinkle Twinkle, to Amazing Grace, Come now is the time to Worship, There is a Fountain.
I've enjoyed it so.

Lest you think we are family who never fusses and always enjoys each others company, let me remind you we are a family of 5 very different personalities, in a camper, for a week. The little one hasn't taken a nap since last Saturday. There have been some struggles.
But,one of the things the Lord has been teaching me recently is to stop and appreciate people for who they are, not getting frustrated because they aren't who I want them to be.
Not saying it is always easy, but it has changed my perspective as I look at my kiddos and others.

I want the full benefits of grace. . .am I freely pouring those some benefits out on others?

Many of you are on Spring Break this week and maybe the kids are ready to drive you batty.
Or you're at work and the person in the cube next you is going to send you over the edge.
Or The Hubs has done (or NOT) the same thing you asked him to/not to for the 100th time.
Instead of losing it, take a breath and say a quick prayer "Lord, help me see them like you do, help me love them like you do".

Yes, all those problems will still be there, but with fresh, grace filled eyes they suddenly look much different.

Ok, gotta run, my glass is empty of sweet tea and I'm out of chips and salsa.

I'll think of you when I look up at the stars tonight!

2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

You guys have a great time! (in spite of no naps and inlaws and such)

We should be doing the same but decided to put off the trip with Stephen for one more year.

Angie said...

Thanks!
It is a hard trip for a little guy. We used to make it more when C was little, but the more kids we've added the harder it's become.
They are having a great time though!

Post a Comment