Thursday, March 3, 2011

I am Free

For several months the Lord has been telling me to do something, to cut something out of my life.
And, I've said No.
Frankly, I've said," I've got it under control, Don't worry God, I can handle this. You take care of the other stuff-I' got this covered."

Today that still small voice, became a LOUD ROAR in the middle of our Bible study. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it through to the end - I KNEW I must obey and OBEY RIGHT NOW.

In that obedience it meant also going to The Hubs and apologizing. Yep, obedience with a spot of humbling. Good times.

I kid, but actually it is good. GOD is GOOD and in obedience there is freedom!
I feel about 50 lbs lighter and like I could dance for joy.
There is nothing as freeing as doing what God would have you do.

You would think I would have learned by now to do what I teach my children 'Obey right away. Delayed obedience is not obedience.' But, I'm walking this thing out just like you.

So, here is some encouragement from a wayward Girl, whatever He is telling you to do. DO it. Don't hesitate, just do it. You'll be the better for it- I know I am.

Obedience isn't always easy, but it always leads to freedom!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I was struggling to keep it together through this morning's Bible study... so many things that were speaking to me. Glad to know I was not alone!

Angie said...

There was a point yesterday, where I thought I'm going to have to leave the room right now and go make this right.
Gracefully the Lord allowed me to stay and take care of things on the way home!

Post a Comment