Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Making Plans. . .

Jer. 29:11 is one of my favorite verses.
A verse I've used many times and that we claimed over our sweet Princess when she had her Kidney surgery.

I've been reflecting on it quite a bit the past few weeks.
And as I reflect on it and the lives of my children, I've become so convicted.

Plans. Always making plans for them. Do you do that?

They WILL be this, they WILL do that. Making plans.
But, really what do MY plans have to do with God's plan's? Often, not much.

Oh, yes I want them to follow Jesus! But, do being good at sports or straight A's have much to do with that? No, not really.

What if I stopped and looked at God's plans instead of making my own?
Can we be honest? Sometimes, God's plans seem a bit scary to our minds-or is that just me?

Chronic sickness, heart surgery, kidney surgery, learning struggles. Those are scary things to my Momma eyes.
I want everything to be 'normal'. (Which if you ever figure out what normal is - let me know)
I want the 'Best' for my kids.

But, what if I come to accept the fact that God's best and mine often look very different.
God wants their hearts and minds and bodies. And He's going to do what He wants to do to achieve that. And He wants mine too. And sometimes-more often than not, using my kiddos to get my attention is what He's going to do.

So, I've come to the conclusion that my plans need to look like His plans.
How can I know what those plans are? Well, sometimes I can't or won't, sometimes I will.

Sounds scary doesn't it? And if someone was in charge of the plans that didn't love my babies more than I do or could it would be!
Actually, once I choose

not to hold on so tightly and let go of my woman-made plans for them, peace comes. And relief. It's hard to be God when you're not.

Provers 19:21 Many are the plan's in a person (momma's) heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

Jer. 29:11a For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment