Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Grind

Let me begin by saying I love summer!

And I love my People.
What's not to love?
But, as much as I love no schedule, lazy days, believe it or not we can get on each others nerves.

Shocking I know.

Sometimes, when you put ourself out there, people tend to think everyday is all happiness and light.
Your kids never have an attitude, you and your spouse never have a cross word.
You talk to each other is Psalms and Bible verses.

And while I wish that was true, that is not real life.

Life can be difficult, circumstances can wear you down, people get cranky.
The dog barfs, the Hubs works late, the brothers fight and the princess whines.

And the Mommy. . . well she's a mess. At least in this house she is somedays. Many days. 
Most days.

But, if there is one thing I've learned in my almost 13 years of parenting, The Mommy Sets the Tone.

 We've all heard that old saying, "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

It's true.

Frankly, sometimes that irritates me.
(I hope that doesn't shock you)

That is a lot of pressure.

Pressure I am often unable to handle.

But here is the great part. I don't have to handle it.

Yes, I am the Mommy and ALL AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL the responsibility that goes along with that job.
But, I am also the Child of the King. He knows my short comings.
He knows my frustrations.
He knows how the grind of daily life can wear me down.

And He's offered me the gift of rest.


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28


Here's the thing though, He's invited me to come to him.
Not  to take my burdens to everyone else, not pouting and throwing a fit, not being a grouch.
Come to Him and He will give me rest.
Rest in Him.


So, if the daily grind of life is getting you down, lay your burdens down at Jesus feet. 
He's the only one big enough to handle them!
Ask Him to help you embrace the dailyness of life.


To remember to point out to those you love all the things that make them great -even when they are driving you the edge.


For heaven's sake you're probably driving them crazy too.



4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, sister... how I feel ya right now! Thanks for the reminder!

Angie said...

Yeah, that was mostly for me ;)
Hang in there!!
Been praying for Monkey -hope he's better!

Miss Hillbilly said...

I drove my family crazy today. Jerry told me to go take a nap...and I did! :)

Angie said...

YEAH!! Sometimes naptime isn't just for the littles!

Post a Comment