Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2 years and a 1000 prayers

Two years ago tomorrow our precious little girl went into our local children's hospital for kidney surgery.

Here's a pic from that day




and another



Here she is today



There were many highs and lows in those days before Christmas and I'll never forget that terrifyingly long week in the hospital.
Turning my baby back over to God for what seemed like every hour.

But He is good and kind and faithful, and with us every step of the journey- whether on the mountain top or down in the valley.

I've had to remember that again the past few days as some precious friends have walked a road of their own with their sweet 7 year old.

And then I think about Christmas, when God sent his only son to us to ultimately be our sacrifice so we could live with Him someday.
He is intimately and acutely aware of our pain and sadness as we watch our children struggle.
He is not unaware or unmoved by our feelings of grief.

What an unspeakable gift.

I pray you receive it this year.

So, two years and a 1,000 prayers later I am reminded once again of His love for us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment