Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

Thanksgiving Day is here.
Good smells are already wafting through the house and eager anticipation is building at the thought of spending the day with the people I love the most.

But, before the craziness of the day takes over, I wanted to pause and give thanks.

I'm so thankful for God's overwhelming Grace, for a Saviour who came and gave everything, when He didn't have to give anything.

Thankful to live in a country who's founders braved the ocean and the unknown to come to a land where they could be free to worship.
We read a story to the monkeys last night about those first Pilgrims and it was hard to keep from crying thinking about how they gave up everything in order to be free.

Thankful for the Hubs and the 3 Monkeys. Without them I'd be a selfish, spoiled brat.
They have all filled my life with joy and I'm so undeserving to be called Mom. But, so grateful that I am.

Thankful for a church home where I can be myself and a pastor who not only preaches the Word, but shows love and kindness to his people. I don't have to pretend that I've got it all together or that I have all the answers. People don't have that everywhere, I don't want to take that for granted.

Thankful for my Bible study ladies, who put up with me every week and study so hard. They are and inspiration.

Thankful for a warm house, clothes and food. I often take for granted that I can go turn the heat up-just because I've got a chill, I can get a drink of water anytime I want and open the fridge to always find food. Most of the world can't do that. I am blessed.

Thankful for you. For every reader-whether lurker or someone who comments ( although the comments are always fun!)you have blessed my life this year.
What a privilege that you would take the time out of your crazy life and read my silly words. So, please let me say Thank You! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I pray you are surrounded by the people you love most-and if you're not, that you will fell the presence of God in a real and mighty way.

God Bless!

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Ps 100:4

0 comments:

Post a Comment