Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Swimming Lessons

   Because of some life changing things going on in my extended family, plus having two kiddos with

 pneumonia, plus about five other things I could list, but won't otherwise I'll begin to sound like a

martyr, and really you wouldn't believe if I did-life has really been that unpredictable and chaotic;  I

have felt a bit lost at sea and tossed about on some major waves, somedays even like I am drowning.



Which has gotten me thinking about the Apostle  Peter.  I love the life lessons of Peter. I love that God

used this flawed man to do great things for him.

 In Peter's life, I find hope for mine.

When Peter jumped out of the boat and walked on the water he showed such brash courage.

I want that kind of courage.

Lately, I feel like I've been clinging to the side  of the boat for dear life. Like somehow if I hold on

to the 'boat' it won't sink taking me along with it.

Perhaps, the greatest miracle of Peter wasn't that he walked on the water, but that he let go long enough

to jump out of the boat.

Peter didn't sink because the waves were to big; no,  he began to drown because he lost his focus.

When his focus was on Jesus, he didn't need the boat, or swimming lessons.


I don't need swimming lessons either, I did focusing power.



Do I focus on the waves that threaten to pull me under or do I focus on  the Creator of the waves?


I've found the courage to jump out of the boat, now do I have the courage to keep my focus on

Jesus when the waves threaten to pull me under.

My natural reaction is to start swimming back to the boat.

But I don't want to be that person.  I don't want to swim for safety, I want to walk with determination

and courage.


What if we all choose to believe the Creator of the waves when He tells us "Don't let your heart be troubled" or "Take Courage" or  "In weakness you are made strong". . .

What if instead of swimming for it, we rose up and walked keep our eyes ever forward on Jesus.



No more swimming lessons for me,







0 comments:

Post a Comment