Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Political Thoughts from an Ordinary Girl

I have used this blog on one other occasion to discuss politics. (Twice if you count my post on Chick Fil A-and I don't, but some might.)

Not that I don't have opinions -because I do.

But, because that's not what this blog is about.


But, today is a special day. One every American should be grateful for and not take for granted.

For some reason today, I can't get that picture of the Iraqi's holding their purple thumbs up in the air

after their first free election out of my head.

And we get cranky because lines are long. . . .


Anyway that's not really what I wanted to talk about today.


I was watching a news story about violence and kids. Particularly, kids committing violent acts younger and younger and why that might be.


First of all, let me say that I am an ordinary girl and my thoughts might be simple. I realize that.

However, these two thoughts keep jostling their way over and over in my mind :

Perhaps if we didn't teach kids that they are disposable in their mothers womb where they should be the safest, things might be different.

And after we that, perhaps if we didn't teach them they were decedents of animals they wouldn't think it's ok to act them.


Not just when it comes to violence but also when it comes to kids and sex.
That they can control themselves, don't have to act on every urge.
It is possible to wait until marriage and have one partner for life.



Simplistic, I know.

And yet not all at the same time.


Happy Election Day America, let's not take for granted the right so many died for and so many others wish they had.

Blessings,




2 comments:

Andrea Hester said...

Very true, Angie. I think in the race to put "self first" in our culture we have actually taken our value away. Because as you know, our true value can only come from God. ;)

Angie said...

Absolutely !

Post a Comment