Monday, November 5, 2012

Working in the Dark

Driving into church last night, it was already dark because of the evil known as 'Falling Back'.

(I would vote for the first candidate that promised to end the whole nonsense of Spring Forward and Falling Back. Enough Already!)

But, while driving, I came to red light  next to a building that's been under construction for quite awhile now.


My first thought was, "Boy they've been working on that forever, I wonder when they'll be done?".


My second was, "Now they'll lose working time because it's getting dark so much sooner.".

Then, as the light turned green and I drove closer to the actual site; I saw way in the back of the

building one little light, and as I looked closer realized it was a headlight on a construction worker who

was working away at something.

I couldn't tell what it was, but he was busy.


As I've thought more about that building, it occurred to me that is how so many of us view what's going on in our lives.

We feel like we're under construction.

Like it's taking forever and will never get done.

Only to have something else out of our control make the progress feel as if it's stopped.


We're in the dark.


But, we can't see is  that construction is still going on.

Maybe slower than we'd like, maybe way in the back.

But, it's happening.

God is still working on us and our lives.

What we've got to do is trust.

Trust in our Divine Carpenter.

Trust that even though it may be dark for us-

He is the Light.

He knows the plans and He can keep working, no matter what we can't see.

In Jeremiah He tells that not only does He have a plan for us, but His plan is only to do us good.

And, if we seek Him, we will find him.

 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jer 29:11-13)


If today, you feel left in the dark, half unfinished and not sure when work will ever be complete.

Trust the Maker of the Plan.

He's still at work.  

Even if it's in the dark.


Blessings,




2 comments:

Carl and Jackie Kincaid said...

Thanks for pulling this out of a headlamp. :)

-jackie-

Angie said...

you're welcome :)

Couldn't stop thinking about it last night. . . .

Post a Comment