Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hold On

Recently, the Hubs and I were out on 'Date Night'.

(Dear Date Night-I love you)

When a family of 4 was seated next to us at the restaurant we were dining at.

One of the two children was approximately 2 years old. And.Not.Happy.

At. ALL.


The poor parents were trying all the could to calm her, but it wasn't happening.

Dad ended up zoning out, while Momma broke out in a cold sweat and kept trying.

Finally the waitress brought her chocolate milk and that helped for awhile.

I desperately wanted to go hug that sweet Momma, but I was afraid I'd make her cry or embarrass her in front of the other dinners.

What I really wanted to tell her was HOLD ON-it gets better-I PROMISE!

Maybe you're finding yourself in a situation like that during these dog days of summer.

Kids fussing.

Heat is rising.

Bills are coming in.

Husband is cranky.

Car won't start.

And those are just the minor things (although if you're going through them they don't feel minor)

In the past month I've had friends lose their Mother so unexpectedly, another  friends child end up in the ICU.
Another lose their job.

Sometimes life is overwhelming.
Whether is because your two year is throwing a fit in a restaurant or your husband said he doesn't love you anymore.

Can I encourage you to Hold On?

I promise it does get better.

Someday, while it might not all make sense, it does get better.

And while everything feels like it's spinning out of control and like that Momma  you're breaking out in a cold sweat and trying not to cry-HOLD ON.

I love these verses from Philippians 3 and I pray they'll encourage you too.

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.
 15-16So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it. (The Message)


Hold on. Let's keep our eyes on the prize-Jesus Christ!  


Someday our race will be finished. Until then let's run it well !


Hold on, Friend, it does get better.




Blessings,




3 comments:

Diane said...

Can I get an AMEN somebody! Amen and AMEN again....

MandyRoman said...

Oh yes!!!

Angie said...

You Girls make me smile!

Post a Comment