Monday, July 30, 2012

Making Plans. . .

A few weeks ago I read a blog post by a well known Pastor/Author and was surprised about what I read.

The just of the post was basically that while God created you and loves you He doesn't have a set purpose or plan for your life.

That God was too loving to be a 'controlling father' that cares about what you wear and what you eat  and so on. You needn't consult Him on such matters.

And while NO I don't think you need to seek God's council every morning as you stand in front of your closet thinking that perhaps if you chose the wrong outfit somehow you're out of the 'will of God', I do
think it's reckless to say God doesn't have a plan for your life.

Because, you Sweet Friend are worth more to God than that.

In Psalms 139 it says that we were knit (woven, created) in  our mother's womb, that not only does he know every hair on our head, he also UNDERSTANDS us.

I don't know about you, but someone who can know me, understand me and love me is one of the most beautiful gifts to be given.

So, you'll never be able to convince me that the same God who formed me, doesn't have a bigger plan for my life. That once we're born we are on our own to figure out our 'bigger purpose'.

Now, there are been more times than I care to admit that what God plans were and what mine were did not match and sadly I picked my way.

But, I know for certain He has a plan and no mere man (or crazy woman) can stop what He wants to accomplish.

No, we aren't mindless robots.

We have choices to make, counsel to seek.
God's Word even has something to say about how to do that (read Proverbs).

Rest assured if you're convinced you're so off the beaten path He could never find you-that instead He knows RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE and He will pull you up out of whatever ditch you find yourself in.


I can also promise you this, we are not hurling through space on some rock with no direction or plan.

God knows you, He loves you and He has a specific plan JUST FOR YOU.

You are that important.


Keep following the light,

0 comments:

Post a Comment