Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Food For Thought

Recently my mom purchased the Princess a new (ADORABLE) swim suit.

While showing it to me, J saw it and became indignant as he saw it was in two pieces.

And I quote-without exaggeration , "MY SISTER IS NOT WEARING ONE OF THOSE KINDS OF SWIMSUITS IS SHE???"

"What kind would that be Honey?"
 (Not realizing what he was upset about, because the suit Mom was showing me was just a detachable bottom, but looks like Princess is wearing a one piece when you look at her. In other words she's completely as covered in a swimsuit as you can be)

Still indignant: "THE KIND GIRLS WEAR THAT MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE THEY ARE IN THEIR UNDERWEAR! MY SISTER IS NOT WEARING ONE OF THOSE!"

"No, she's not. That's not what this kind is."

"OH GOOD! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY GIRLS WEAR THOSE. IT'S WEIRD. IT'S LIKE YOU'RE TALKING TO THEM AND THEY ARE IN THEIR UNDERWEAR AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO LOOK WHEN YOU ARE TALKING TO THEM."


He's 9 and has more sense than most grown women.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! My son feels the same way! And so do I ! Well said

Angie said...

J is passionate about most things, but I have to say I was surprised by his passion on this-especailly the comment about not knowing where to look when talking to a girl in a bikini . . .parents/women need to get our heads out of the sand.

Post a Comment