Monday, January 30, 2012

Magnifying Glass

Since turning the BIG 40 this past summer, I've taken to using the magnifying side of my make up mirror.

Which is slightly ironic, since I'm blind as a bat without my glasses and could've been using since I first discovered green frosted eye shadow in 1985.

But, this past week while flipping my mirror over-because who doesn't need to see crows feet up close and personal- I couldn't get these verses out my head:

Psalm 34:1-3

I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together.





Magnify - to cause to be held in greater esteem or respect (taken from Merriam-Websters)

It got me to thinking. Am I causing the name of the Lord to be held in greater esteem or am I causing others (my children included) to want to run the other way from the Lord?






0 comments:

Post a Comment