Friday, February 10, 2012

What's Going On

My poor little blog hasn't received a whole lot of love lately.

There are reasons and then there are REA SON S.


But, one of them is not that I don't have some things and some words rolling around in my mind, because I assure you I do.
It's just I haven't been able to either get them out in a sane manor OR I probably shouldn't get them out of my head-it's safer if they stay where they are for now.

Anyway, life moves on here.


I had something so offensive said to me last week about my kids and their attendance of a Christian school.

It hurt. It made me angry.

But, I've come to this place where I can say, "If you don't judge me on my kids behavior/family school choice, I won't judge you on yours."


Ok?

Ok then.

Honestly,  isn't this life hard enough without us all turning on each other, just to build ourselves up??

Shouldn't we be helping each other?

And as a side note, I'm not raising robots but children.

Good kids, sweet kids, kids who love Jesus.

But, also kids who have their own minds (and the older they get opinions) and personalities.

And you know what?  That's a good thing.

I don't recall Jesus ever telling the disciples they should not use the personalities and gifts God had given them to use to follow Him.

He knew when He called burly fishermen and tax collectors what He was getting.

Same way with our kids. He gave them their personalities for a reason.  (some of us have been blessed with kids with LOTS O Personality.)

He wants to use THOSE personalities.

One of the biggest things I've learned as a parent (and trust me, I've got a long way to go)
is that I'm not trying to 'break' my children (even the stubborn ones) I'm trying to bend them to follow Jesus.

So, Mama that is struggling, let me encourage you- You CAN do this thing.
Love your kiddos. Ask for help when you need it-and know that Jesus sees ALL the hard work you're doing!

And Mama that feels superior-
Remember this life isn't over yet and it's a long, lonely way down when you fall if you've pushed everyone out of the way who could've tried to catch you.

7 comments:

Tina... said...

Isn't that the truth?! All of it! We should want to encourage others! I don't understand those that tear down when given an opportunity to build up. Thanks for the good word Angie!

Angie said...

You are so welcome!
thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment-always love that!

Paige said...

I hope you didn't think I was criticizing your girl when I said she was a "live wire." She was delightful, just more active than I expected b/c I knew she hadn't been feeling well. I've never met your boys, but would like to someday. For that matter, I hope you and I meet "in person" sometime. The girl was so cute about the blue wristband. I got a big kick out of that. Please don't think I was being negative in any way. If I came across that way, I do apologize; it certainly was not my intent. I'm praying for your girl's health.
Paige

Angie said...

OH MY STARS -NO NO NO!! I didn't think that at all.
Trust me when I tell you what was said to me couldn't have been misinterpreted.

Thanks for your prayers-and NO apology necessary!

Paige said...

It was great to finally meet you in person today! I'm signing up for the seminar now.
Paige

Angie said...

Yes it was!! I'm so glad you're coming!

Miss Hillbilly said...

People just don't get it..and why are people so mean anyway?

Post a Comment