Monday, May 16, 2011

I am stuck on Bandaid

This is my guest post from yesterday.
I'll be blogger on Sundays during May over at Hillbilly Handiworks.






Spring has sprung. And with it has come playing outside for as long has possible, bike rides, tree climbing and scooter races. And those bring the inevitable and constant scrapped knee, bloody elbow and the like.
We've got our bandaids and antibiotic cream ready to go. And of course a kiss from mom, everyone knows a booboo can't get better without a kiss!
With all the bandaging up I've been doing lately it's gotten me to thinking about our wounds we carry around.
The problem as adults is we tend to leave our wounds gapping open and unattended.
No, I'm not talking about physical wounds, but those wounds of the spirit and soul that are just as deep and  painful.
Maybe a rotten childhood, or dreams we let get dashed, never measuring up, rejection of a spouse, lost job, death of a loved one, a friends betrayal,  life is hard and the list could go on and on.
 Let's face it we've all got wounds that need attention. Some of them are deeper than others and take longer to heal, but we've all got them.
And just like a physical wound if we don't allow them to be treated they'll become infected and can destroy us.

Both my knees have scars where I received stitches as a child. I can look at those scars and tell exactly what I was doing all those years ago when I got the injuries that required the stitches. But, even though I can remember what caused the scars and I have them permanently on my body, I can no longer feel the pain of them. Why?  Because time and treatment allowed them to be healed. Can  you imagine what would have happened if my parents hadn't taked me to get the stitches? More than likely the wounds would have become infected and led to more and bigger issues that would have needed taken care of.

The wounds to our Spirit are no different. We've got to let them heal.
How?
Isaiah 53:5 says:
But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
And in 1 Peter 2:24 who himself bore our sins in his own body on the tree, that we having died to sins, might live for righteousness, by whose stripes you were healed.


We've got to stop walking around with our gaping wounds ready to show and tell anyone who'll listen, except the one who can actually heal them.
Healing comes through Christ.
Take your wounds to Him today and let Him bandage you up. Let Him pour medicine over  your soul-yes, it might sting a little, but the healing will be so much easier if you let Him!


Let your wounds become scars. 
Scars that you can look at and tell where you've been and what you've been through and who brought your healing.
He's waiting for you today, ready to bandage your wounds up, it'll take some time but because of His healing your wounds can become scars if you'll let them.


Blessings,
Angie

2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

There are several comments over there if you haven't popped over to see them. :)

Angie said...

Thanks!
I'll check them out.

Post a Comment