Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzards and Other Stuff

We are having the Great Blizzard of Oz here in the lovely state of Kansas.
Snowed in and trying to stay warm and cozy.

We've had more than our normal share of the white fluffy stuff and let's just say Cabin Fever is setting in.

Here are some observations when facing a blizzard:

1) Weathermen/women REALLY like weather events. I mean REALLY. You would think the end of the world is near. They've invented a new word "Thundersnow". Seriously.

2) You must always buy milk and bread when facing a weather event. I don't know why, you just must.

3) My 12 year is getting really good at shoveling snow off the driveway and hasn't yet realized that $5 is not the going rate. Let's keep it that way.

4)I would never had made a good pioneer. Laura Ingalls I am not. Pa would be so disappointed in my reaction to the snow.

5)I do enjoy having my babies with me all day. I get why people homeschool. My kids would never learn anything since we'd be in our PJ's all the time, but it would be nice to always have them near.

6) This has nothing to do with Blizzards but the Princess started her 2nd semester of ballet yesterday. Yep, just as cute as the first time I saw her in her little leotards and tights.
Makes me happy.

Well a list of 10 would be better, but the Princess is hanging on my neck as we get ready for a movie marathon.

I'll leave you with this. Ps 51:7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Hope you're warm and cozy out there in bloggy world!

2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

We can't homeschool in our PJ's????? Well, no one told us that before. All of us where sleep pants all day every day. Seriously. Even Jerry when he's home.

Angie said...

Well, you know in our PJ's not learning anything. . .being lazy :)

Post a Comment