Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Easy Way Out part 2

 Yesterday I wrote about how someone on my Facebook feed had posted that they should have 'taken the easy way out and been a stay at home mom' but they were too independent so they did the hard work and remained single and true to themselves.

{Sigh}

{Again}

{really. . .the easy way out? anyone who's been married more than 5 minutes knows there's nothing easy about it}

But least anyone think my post yesterday  was bashing 'working' moms (which is such a stupid phrase, being a mom automatically means you work, but when I say that you all know what I mean-right?)
let me be very clear-NOT MY INTENTION IN THE VERY LEAST!

I work (for pay) part time at the kiddos school, plus I also am building this ministry, plus working on the women's ministry team at my church pretty much adds up to full time work.

Some of the women I admire most in this world are 'working' moms.

My own dear mother, my aunt-her sister, my grandmother-their mother. . .all 'working' mothers.

A dear lady who was like a second mom to me growing up worked in the same office as my mom.

Beth Moore, Pricilla Shirer Bible teachers who've changed my life. . .'working' moms.


Close friends. . 'working' moms.
My kids  amazing teachers, everyone of them a 'working' mom.

I want you to know I applaud the work you do both for  the industries  who pay you and for your families that take it for granted.
Torn in different directions, never feeling like there is enough of you to go around.
The pressure of trying to make your boss happy and meeting everyone's needs in your family.
The sense that time is slipping away and with it your children.
The cold stare from the 'Room Mom' at your kids school who doesn't understand why you can never help at a field trip.
Up before dawn, in bed long after you should have been just so Suzy would have a costume for the school function you'll have to miss.

Thank you for all you do.
You make the world a better place.

My prayer for you today; a boss, who on Monday is gentle with his requests, a weekend to enjoy with your family, a nap on Sunday and a husband who folds a load of laundry.

Let's face it, when you have children, there is no 'easy way out'.
The guilt of leaving your baby at daycare. The guilt of staying at home and not using your college degree.

The push and pull of motherhood is very real and never ending.
Perhaps because of how we judge each other, and mostly because of how we judge ourselves.

So, let's be gentle with each other. . .after all there really is no easy way out is there?

Blessings and hugs for every unsung hero Momma today,





2 comments:

Theresa LeBlanc said...

I have a great deal of respect for mothers - whether they work at home, in an office, or both. You are heroes!

Angie said...

Thanks Theresa!

Post a Comment