Monday, October 1, 2012

For shame. . .

Shame on me.

Shame on you.

For shame.

Ever hear or use those expressions?  

I know, I said them before, most often to myself.


I'm in the midst of a Bible study right now that has me peeling back the layers.

The process of peeling away is not an easy one, it's often very painful.

Last night  I was thinking about this idea of shame.

The thought that I could not escape, nor did I want to was this:

"Thank you Lord, for tearing up MY rule book and replacing it with you.
Thank you for NEVER using shame to humiliate me."

Maybe you need to hear that today too.

Shame is not an emotional  tactic God uses.

Shame pushes you low and focuses on self. 

Instead of seeing our sin for what it is-SIN- in shame we only focus on ourselves.

Grace instead sees us for who we are and what we've done-and doesn't sweep the sin under the rug-but it does reach down and pull us up, washes us clean and NEVER reminds us again of shame only of our forgiveness.

Shame is Satan's tactic.  He whispers our shame in our ears and says," How could you?".

Shame on you is his chant. His accusation. 

Christ, says Come to me and I'll wash you white as snow and put your sin as far as the East is from the West.

Satan says SINNER.

Christ says REDEEMED.

If you feel like the shame of your past is beating you down, know that isn't from Jesus.

Lift your head high and bask in the glorious thought-I AM REDEEMED.

Shame  has NO power over me.

Walk in grace today!

Blessings,

4 comments:

Shameful Diane said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! God's ultimate plan for each and every believer is complete healing, complete restoration, complete Redemption indeed! Shame has no place in God's plan - and I can't tell you how many times I've said "Shame on you!" LOVE this, my dear and love you! Excellent post this mornig and much needed!

Angie said...

Thank You Friend!
I find, as I'm sure you do too, that I'm quicker to proclaim shame on myself faster than anyone else. I'm becoming convinced that that action grieves God, who doesn't see me that way.

Love you too!

Unknown said...

I love the idea that Grace is the bigger picture. The real deal. The truth at hand. Great post.

Angie said...

Thanks for posting Jocelyn!

Post a Comment