Thursday, October 4, 2012

We are the Champions

Our middle child was at soccer practice this week and while coach was trying to explain something to the team, J was chatting.

Coach said, "J are you paying attention? I'm trying to make you a Champion."

Of course, that got his attention and he practiced  hard for the rest of their time together.


I haven't been able to get that phrase off my mind, "I'm trying to make you a Champion!".

I wonder if God is ever looking down from his heavenly throne and saying, "Angie are you paying attention ? I'm trying to make you a champion!"


I love the first two verses in Hebrews 12.  They say:" Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus,the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. "


God and all the Saints who've gone before are cheering us on in this race called life.

Telling us to throw off all those things that hold us back; fear, worry, anger, deceit, envy, pride-
anything and everything that is holding us back from reaching the finish line, where we'll find Jesus there waiting for us.

But are we paying attention? Do we really want to run like the Champions He's created us to be? Or would we rather hold on to all the J U N K that is holding us back and keeping us from running the race well?

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to run full speed ahead-like a CHAMPION.


Blessings,


0 comments:

Post a Comment