Tuesday, September 25, 2012

And the World Keeps Turning. . .

Our family has been through quite a bit in the last few weeks, culminating in a hospital stay for our oldest over the weekend, after a 911 call because he stopped breathing and then passed out.

I've started to write this post several times now and frankly am just to tired for it to make any kind of sense at all. . .


What I wanted to say though is this:

Even in the middle of our trials, God is there.

In the middle of chaos, God is there.

Grief, anxiety, pain, sleepless nights. . .God is there.


While sitting in C's hospital room yesterday I watched the sun come up and just had a chat with the Lord.

Thanking him for taking care of my boy.  For taking care of us.

For never moving from His throne.

The sun still came up, the world still turned even in the midst of all our pain.

God never moved.

Never wandered away.

He poured out his love on us, even though what was happening was scary and difficult.

These are some verses I reflected on while watching the sunrise, maybe you need to hear them too. . .


I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart;I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Blessed be the name of the Lord
    from this time forth and forevermore!
From the rising of the sun to its setting,
    the name of the Lord is to be praised! Ps 113:2,3

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.” Ps 91:1,2



My prayer is that these verses bring you as much  peace as they have me.

Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment