Saturday, August 27, 2011

Step by Step

Life is hard.

One of the most over used sentences in the English language.
One of the most understated sentences in the English language.
And a fact I was reminded of once again this week.

A dear friend lost her step-father unexpectedly.
Another's struggles with Parkinson's.
Another is just beginning her fight against cancer.
Kids struggling already at the start of new school year.
Jobs that have been lost and now families are scrambling to know what to do next.
I've heard all of these stories this week.

The voices of the struggling have been swirling around my head.
But, in the quiet of my heart I hear ONE voice who said:
 Your eyes saw my unformed body; 
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book 
   before one of them came to be. Ps. 139:16



Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.Ps. 90:6


Whatever your personal struggle is right now, I pray you'll remember these verses.


Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, 
   for his compassions never fail.
 They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.
 I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
   therefore I will wait for him.” Lamentations 3:22-24



Often the big picture can be overwhelming. Take each journey step by step. When everything else is falling apart, hold on to Him.


Grace and Peace,
Angie

1 comments - Add Yours

Miss Hillbilly said...

For once you didn't step on my toes!! I can admit that there was a time that I worried about so many things. Life can be very hard. But God is in control and I praise Him that I have FINALLY learned to remember that!

Post a Comment