Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fries, Airmen and Halves

Twenty years ago today I went on a lunch date with the cutest Airman I'd ever seen.

We'd met at church a couple of weeks before and when he called for a date I said YES.

I was living in Germany and he was stationed at the local Airbase.

We were supposed to go for lunch at a cute local joint, but both of us forgot that they close mid day for a break.
So we ended up at the romantic hot spot on base.

Burger King.

Yep. That's our big first date.
But, we were young and it didn't matter.

After that date, he called his grandma and told her he'd found the girl he was going to marry.
It took me two more dates to get to that same place.

I had just turned 20.

I've loved that Airman now for half my life.

God has been good.

Grace as filled in all the cracks and covered two broken lonely kids and made us whole.




2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

Very sweet post! Congrats!

Angie said...

Our romantic celebration was him working late and me getting the kids to youth group/AWANA's.
20 years later and life took over ;)

Post a Comment