Wednesday, October 14, 2009

You just don't understand. . .. .

I was recently reading Psalm 139.

It is such a beautiful passage and each part has meant different things to me over the years.

But, one of the neatest (that is the theological term- from the Greek, meaning Awesome) and greatest things about the Bible is that it is alive and active! So, even reading a passage you've had memorized or have heard many times over can speak a fresh word to you. How cool is that?!

So, as I was reading, this verse struck me:
2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
(New King James Version)


I was just stuck by the second part of verse two.. .You understand my thoughts afar off.

It seems to me that women ( maybe men feel this way too, but I can only speak to the girls here) are forever trying to be understood or to make their Man understand them. Or their girlfriends, boss, children, Mom. You name it and we are forever trying to explain ourselves.
Why we do the things we do, why we feel the way we feel.

I found this verse so freeing.
Girls, we've got to let them off the hook. Hard I know, because we so desperately want someone (especial our man) to 'get us'.
BUT, you will be understood. Your creator understands you, He knows why you're doing what you're doing. And, might I be so bold to suggest that He loves and adores you for all your quirky ways?

Maybe, I am the only one that needs the reminder that he didn't just make this body
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;b]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[b]
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

But, He also made this mind, these emotions.
So freeing to know the Creator of the Universe understands my silly, scatterbrained, sensitive mind!
For me and those around me.

Let's stop trying to explain ourselves every 5 minutes and glory in the fact that the ONE who made us- knows and LOVES us--Yes, just the way we are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment