Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I've Seen Sunshine and I've Seen Rain

A week  ago we had some days and days of rain.

Not just the "Oh what a lovely rain we're having" rain, but the flood the basement, torrential

downpour of rain, are we really in a Tornado Watch in October kind of rain.

For. Days.

When it wasn't raining it was dark. Dark and Gloomy.

These are not my favorite kind of days.



We live in an older neighborhood and  there are some HUGE trees that line both sides of the street.

As I was driving our oldest to school, in my mind I was lamenting another gloomy day.

No rain, but no sunshine either. Just dark and dreary.

Then we turned the corner where the trees aren't nearly as close together.

I could hardly believe my eyes as the glare of the sun penetrated  through the windshield.

The bright golden sun  and a beautiful blue sky-

There they were in all their  splendor providing a gorgeous fall day.

_______________________________

I've been thinking about those trees and that beautiful ball of sun a lot these past few days.

What has been rattling around in my head the most is how the sun wasn't suddenly shining and sky

bright blue.


Nope they had been there all along.


What had changed was my perspective of them.


Yes, for awhile, the giant Oak trees had formed a canopy and blocked my view of what was really

happening all around me. Causing me all sorts of lamenting that just didn't need to be.


What need changed was my perspective.


Maybe that's the way it always is in life.

When all we can see is the trouble and the gloom around us-

especially if it has been incredibly dark and stormy for along time, we can forget that even when we

can't see it the SON is still there shining.  Doing exactly what the Son does, exactly where He does it.

Others can talk about the what is happening all around them, and I just can't see-I wonder if

we are on different streets.

Perhaps we are, or perhaps my perspective just needs changing.

I've got to take my eyes off those 'trees' in my life, even though they are there.

But, what I know to be true is that always somewhere the sun is shining. Even when I can't see it.

Some times circumstances quickly change to get me to the place where I can see the sun again, other

times it's a long hard journey.

But no matter how long it takes, or how winding the road may be or how many giant trees block the

light, I know the SON is always in His place shinning down on me.

Oh how I hope you know that too.  Hold on to that promise.



Blessings along the journey,




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your metaphor of taking your eyes off of the trees and focusing on the sun which is 'shining somewhere.'

Unknown said...

"Some times circumstances quickly change to get me to the place where I can see the sun again, other

times it's a long hard journey. " My favorite line for sure... So true.

Anonymous said...

This was beautiful. One of my favorite bloggers talks about "perspectacles"...it's all about how we view things. Easier said than done Sometimes but you're right, God is always there, shining, even if we can't see him,

Angie said...

Thanks for stopping by and all the encouragement! Have a great week!

Post a Comment