Monday, June 9, 2014

When The Church Parking Lot Makes You Want To Cuss

My middle guy is going with a friend to VBS at his church this week.

It's a Mega Church in our area.

They do an awesome job at VBS and we appreciate the value and importance of VBS programs and all the volunteers that make it run.

However, the parking lot and the lay out of it, just about did me in this morning.

I mean really, should a church parking lot make you want to say a potty word?

Drop off time was bad, Pick up time was worse. Much.Worse.

After much circling and waiting and circling some more, I was finally able to park and run in to pick him up.

It was hard to relish in his excitement and hear about what he'd learned, because of my aggravation level.

On the way home I was thinking about my frustration and the challenge of facing the dreaded parking lot the rest of the week-twice a day.

And then someone cut me off in traffic.

Oh Bless It All.

Here's what I've decided, my frustration in those situations come from a place of pride.

I NEED A PARKING SPACE.

MY KID SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT LONGER.

WHAT I AM DOING AND WHERE I AM GOING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Yep, nothing like the VBS parking lot to teach you about pride-and how much you have.

So, here's what I'm working on this week:  Instead of being frustrated, I will be excited and encouraged that so many kiddos are having what could be a life changing week for them.
Next time someone zooms in front of me and takes "MY" spot, I'll smile, wave and pray for them to have a blessed day.
I will not let 15 minutes of frustration ruin hearing about God at work in my boys life.
I will extend grace the way I'd want it be extended to me.

So, if you need me this week, I'll be the girl circling the parking lot, learning to let go of her pride.


Blessings from the road,




0 comments:

Post a Comment