Sunday, June 29, 2014

The One

 3 out of 5 Wilkinson's are ailing today, so we are hold up at home today.

Hubby is watching movies with the kids and I'm clearing off the desk.
I'm embarrassed to say how old some of the stuff is I'm finding on the bottom of the pile.
You know the pile-please tell me  you have one. That pile that you make while cleaning and don't have an exact spot for it so you think "I'll make this pile and come back later and figure out a place for all this stuff." Yep, that pile.

Anyway, I found a poem I wrote and actually took the time and effort to copywrite a couple of years ago.  Rereading it I'm not sure how great it actually is, and I remember being afraid to share it at the time. So, I decided today's the day.
Hope it speaks to your heart.


In my minds eye

I see your sandal clad feet

Walking along the dusty roads

In old Galilee

The hem of your garment gently brushing the ground

Your back is to me

And I wonder if you know I'm here, resisting the urge to run and throw myself at your feet

Afraid to lose my dignity.

Your face turns to the side

I can tell by your profile that you are smiling

Gentle and Kind

Suddenly we are face to face

Quickly I look down, afraid to meet your eyes.

They pierce inside to the very heart of me

Then I feel your touch upon my shoulder

Warm and Tender

Pulling my chin up so my eyes meet yours

"Don't be afraid, Child" was all you would need to say

At your feet I would fall weeping, calling to all who will hear

This is Jesus Christ

My Savior 
My King.
He is THE ONE.

Then I blink and just as suddenly I'm back to the modern age

Where everything is always shifting and swirling around me

Do I even find the time or courage to say

"I follow The Way of Jesus, God's One and Only Son."

Or am I afraid that others will think I'm old fashioned and out of date.

The vision is back 
Once again I hear you say my name.

Yes, Lord, I hear you

And I will obey.

My name is Angie and I follow The Way

His name is Jesus

He came to die and rose again on the third day

He walked the earth long ago and lives still today

He will make you new, provide forgiveness too

He will be your shelter

Your Rock

Your Savior 

Your Friend

Your Father

Your Redeemer 

Your King

The Man, Jesus, who once wore sandals and had dusty feet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment