Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Because You've Got To Have Friends

Today my precious friend is turning 40!

We've been friends since we were young, elementary age girls.

The older I get the more I realize what a rare treasure it is to have someone in your life that long, that isn't there just because you're related to them but  because you genuinely love each other!

She's more Sister than friend though.
Growing up, my dad, began calling her Little Wendy-I really don't know why-and it stuck.
My kids call her Aunt Wendy.
And many call her a blessing.

She knows all my secrets, all my lows and highs, my dreams.
We've laughed all through the night together and cried some too.

We've been there for broken hearts by silly boys, high school graduations, send offs to college, weddings and births of babies wondering if we'd survive the toddler years to now lamenting over our teenagers.

I watched her and and her precious family pack up and leave to go serve in Ghana Africa and I was there to welcome them home after they'd left a piece of their hearts there.

She's my biggest cheerleader and my mighty prayer warrior.

She shines  the love of Jesus wherever she goes.

I am so blessed and privileged to call her my  friend.





Little Wendy, I couldn't love you more if you were my sister.
What a true blessing you've been to me these 30+ years!
Thanks for still being my friend even when I wouldn't let you call your mom to pick you up from World's of Fun even though you were miserable and had the chicken pox, just so we could see the Michael W Smith concert-the second time.
For not wrecking my car when I let you drive it at 14.
For being my courage when I've had none, for letting me vent when I needed to.
Thank you for being my secret keeper, for loving me unconditionally and for being my prayer warrior!
The world is a better place because you're in it-
I pray blessing upon blessing over you and that this really will be your best year yet!

Wendy's precious family serving in Ghana


Love you so much!

XOXOX




0 comments:

Post a Comment