Saturday, March 1, 2014

Songs in the Night

I like to call our little one, "Baby", but the fact of the matter is she's a big girl.


When the kids were little we'd read stories and then I would sing to them and we'd pray and often I'd sit by their beds until they drifted off.

Knowing Little Miss was our last baby, I even rocked her to sleep much longer than I did the boys, because now it was all to real that when people said, "they grow up so fast", they were not exaggerating.

Now that she's in first grade, Daddy usually reads and prayer with her, then I come kiss her goodnight.

Let's face it between, homework, ballet, piano, we're doing good to stay in that routine.

Wednesday night, at the end of another long, exhausting day, I found myself flopping in the chair beside her bed, and I don't know why or what came over me but I pulled that sweet thing up into my lap and rocked her and sang to her.

Oh such a precious time as I wondered if this would be the last time in my little girls life that this would happened. And even if it isn't, those sweet times are few and far between and winding down.

So, I savored the moment and she got to bed about 10 minutes (and the world didn't stop turning).

The next morning, as I had my quiet time, I read one of my favorite verses.

The Lord your God is with you,
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
    in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
    but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

The God of the universe, creator and sustainer of the world, sings a song over me.

He doesn't just tolerate me, he doesn't just save me, he doesn't even just love me.

He delights in me.

And if you will, pulls me into His holy lap and sings songs over me.

Not just me, but you too.

Oh what great comfort and peace comes in knowing this amazing truth.

Now, is the hard part-living like we know this.

What in my life and yours would change if we lived liked we believed?

The God of Heaven is fighting for us, and signing songs over us.

Now, to pick our heads up and live like we believe Him when He tells us this.

Sometimes the circumstances in life can be so overwhelming that it certainly doesn't feel in our humanity that we are being delighted in or even begin fought for.

But, if we make the conscience choice to chose to believe God at His word. To live like we believe Him when he says, he's fighting for us, and He delights in us-OH the great peace that can overflow.

I know this to be true. I've had it play out in my life time and time again and I've watched him rescue me an pour out his love.

Perhaps He's singing right now, because there is a peace that is raging in the middle of our storms.


You can have it too.
Trust Him. Believe Him.


Peace,




0 comments:

Post a Comment