Monday, April 9, 2012

Catching a Glimpse of home. . .

I was loading up the Princess to head to the doctors last week, when she spotted a bird sitting near our truck.

It was an ordinary looking little thing, at least to me.
Really I was to busy loading up to notice it much.

As we were backing out of the driveway, I heard her squeal with delight "OH He looks so pretty!"

Then I heard "Momma things look so different when you look at them from a different side."

Such profound words from my little one.

See I was to busy to notice the little bird because, well I could name all the things that were going horribly wrong last week; sad things, difficult things. . .but the truth was on this day, I didn't notice because  I was too busy having a pity party for  myself.

Sick kids, sick husband and numerous others things left me tired, cranky and feeling sorry for myself.

But, a little bird and a little girl reminded me that I don't see the whole picture-only a glimpse.

Some times an outlook changes in a day, sometimes it takes a lifetime for us to see the whole picture. . .

Things may look grey and ordinary down here only to look beautiful someday when the whole picture comes into view.

When we make it 'home'.

We've  just got to hold on until then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l1p-QfgkLow

0 comments:

Post a Comment