Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Grey Skies

I got a desperate call from a friend facing life changing decisions.

Another friend who's husband is facing cancer square in the face.

Another who needs a job and NOW.

I was reading about the 9 year anniversary of the start of the Iraq war, and no matter how you feel about it politically -the phrase 'war is hell' is so true.

Everywhere I turn it seems like someone is going through something and it's major.

Even in my own extended family that trouble that seems on the horizon is unmistakeable, at least in my human eyes.

I was thinking/praying about these situations as I was driving the Princess to preschool and coming home today.
We are in the midst of some rainy days and grey skies in here in Kansas.
And those grey skies seemed so appropriate as I was reflecting on the trouble all around.

But, as I was driving I was noticing the spring trees all in bloom and the tulips popping up.
Their bright colors a stark contrast to the grey skies.

And it occurred to me how much like the Lord that is picture is. . .

The grey skies of humanity are the backdrop to His glory.

So, that's what I began to pray. . .

"Show me your glory, Lord.  In the middle of all the hurt and confusion and 'grey' of this world' show me your glory."

I know so many who are going through such deep trouble and pain right now, but don't be afraid to pray that too.  He will show you.

In Zephaniah 3:17 it says:  The LORD your God is with you, 
   he is mighty to save. 
He will take great delight in you, 
   he will quiet you with his love, 
   he will rejoice over you with singing.”


Do you realize that not only does it say God is with you (and  He is) and that He is mighty to save (and He is) it says that He DELIGHTS  in you and that He is singing over you.

In the middle of your grey skies and trouble that is surround you, the God of all, Creator of the universe the I AM is signing His song over you -and if you'll let Him, He can quiet your spirit with His love.

I know times are hard and there may seem like there is no sunshine in your future. . .but hold on and listen for his song.

Praying for each of you,

Angie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so needed that today, thank you for writing this-I've never heard that verse before.

Carl Kincaid said...

"The grey skies of humanity are the backdrop to His glory." Amen. that was a GREAT line, Angie and a good blog.

Angie said...

Thanks Friends!

Anonymous said...

This one really spoke to me. My family is going through so much right now. Sometimes it is very difficult to hang on to God's promises or even remember that he sees or cares what we are going through down here. Thank you for reminding me that he does.

Angie said...

I am so sorry your family is going through difficult times.
I will certainly be praying for you!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Things are pretty sunny here lately and this was a great reminder to be thankful of that!

That is a powerful verse. I think I might steal it for my verse of the week for my Bible study blog. I'll link back to you.

Angie said...

I'm so glad!
So MANY hurting right now. . .

Link away Friend!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_e3aJLRsdc

Post a Comment