Friday, May 30, 2014

Under Construction

They say there are three seasons in the Mid West: Fall, Winter and Construction.

We are in full construction season around these parts.


And, when you're trying to get around town it certainly feels as if everywhere you turn you are met by lane closures or detours.

There are days when trying to get from point A to point B can be overwhelming.

I don't know about you, but it sure can feel that same way in my life sometimes.

I have a goal-a destination-in mind.  A place where  I need/want to get to.  And, I don't just want to get there, I want to get there the easiest, quickest way possible.

But, often the journey is much longer and more complicated than I expected or planned for.

So, what do I do?

Do I throw my hands in the air and pitch a fit because this trip isn't going how I want it to?

Do I vow never to leave my house again, because it's just to hard?

Honestly, yes some days I react those ways.

But, if I'm fussing the whole way, or don't even start on the trip, I miss more -even through the detours and slow moving traffic than I would by not taking the  trip at all.

So, right now, at this stage of life-in this point of my journey-I'm choosing to just take joy in the journey.

There are days I don't recognize the roads I'm on, and I don't know how I'll arrive at my destination by taking this particular detour, and the trip seems to be taking twice as long as I'd planned for. . .

But, I'd much rather trust the Designer of the Detours than plow my way through  a 'road closed' sign.

It's not always easy.  I can't always see far enough ahead to know what's holding me up on this journey.  However, I have learned that having faith and confidence in the Master Designer will get me farther along than I ever could on my own.

How about you? Do you ever set out on a trip expecting one route only to end up on another?
I'd love to hear about your journey.

One thing I do know, God never sets up 'construction' or a detour just to make things difficult for us.
It may be to slow us down, to get us back on the right course or to teach us to trust Him along the way.
I've learned-not always the easy way- to put my trust in Him, than any map I could plan out for  myself.


Blessings from the road,


0 comments:

Post a Comment