Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Words and Resolutions

A new year.

A fresh start.

A blank page to write upon.

This year I've decided that instead of making resolutions that I either can't or won't keep, I'm going to pick a word for the year to focus on when things feel like they are spinning out of control-or when I am.

Several Facebook friends (come like Lessons from Aisle 12 on fb to be apart of the day to day of LFA12) have decided to join in and share their words and I'd love to hear yours as well!

So, after much thought and prayer my word for 2013 is:

Simply

When things are hard and I want to give up-

Simply TRUST.


When I feel the need for more 'stuff'-

Simply be SATISFIED.

When I want to run away-

Simply OBEY.

When I want to put a person 'in their place'-

Simply give GRACE.

When I doubt-

Simply BELIEVE.

When I let my mind wander-

Simply GUARD my heart.

When I feel it would be easier to follow the crowd-

Simply use DISCERNMENT.

When I am scared-

Simply COURAGE.

When I don't like what I see in the mirror-

Simply REMEMBER that the One who made me, loves me and thinks I'm beautiful.

And the list can go on and on.

I have printed off several copies of the word SIMPLY which I have posted in various places around my house.

(Fridge, mirror in bathroom, above the TV and in the car)

Hopefully, by putting my word in places where I could/do struggle it will bring my focus back to the ONE where it should be instead of on myself.

So, what about you? Do you have a word for 2013?

If you do I would love to hear what it is so we can walk with road together !

Blessings,




2 comments:

Pamela said...

I like this idea a lot... I am going to go for the word Consistent. Would you mind if I put a link on my blog to this entry of yours?

Angie said...

Love your word!

I would be privileged for you to link up to me!

Post a Comment