Thursday, August 26, 2010

Giving My Life. . .

I've had a song stuck in my head for days now. DAYS I TELL YOU!
Which has been ok, since it's not the Yo Gabba Gabba theme song or anything by Justin Bieber. . .
I love music and I especially love Christian music so my radio is often on-helping get me through my day. So, once a song hits the stations rotation list, chances are it's getting stuck in my head. Sometimes, it's scary to be me ;)

Well, this song by Chris August has -what I think-is an amazing lyric. "Giving my life for the only One, Who made the moon reflect the sun."
Profound. I find myself humming it randomly.

But, as I began thinking of the lyrics, I also began wondering if it's true. Do I really give my life for the only One who made the moon reflect the sun?
As a stay at home mom sometimes life can feel a bit mundane and ordinary. Repetitive might also be a good word. Wiping noses and changing diapers. Packing lunches and doing laundry. Breaking up the 500th argument about the remote.
Maybe working in an office can feel the same way, I just don't have that life experience.
So, has I was folding my 20th t-shirt in a row, I began doing it not out of necessity, but out of love.
Love for the person who would be wearing the shirt, but also out of love for the one who made me.
After all, He blessed me with this life. He gave me this beautiful family to care for and nurture. And sometimes that means folding 10 loads of laundry, making what seems like the same meal for the 1000 time. But, instead of doing those things just because they have to be done, I'm trying to do them as acts of service for my Lord.
No, it's not saving lives in some jungle far away, it's not having an alter call where hundreds come forward to follow Jesus.
But, it is my gift to give back to Him. The one he's allowed me to have them so I'll be able to give it back to him.

Seems small in comparison to what He's given me, but it's my offering to give, daily sometimes hourly. To remember I'm not doing any of these things for anyone other than Him.

1 comments - Add Yours

Jen Weiskopf said...

Funny. I just had a heart conversation with myself this week about the same thing. Random, I know, but as I was picking up laundry off the floor, I reminded myself to not be mad that it didn't make it to the laundry basket, but to be thankful that my children (and husband, in this case)are healthy, happy and how grateful I am to be able to do the small things that make their day easier.

Post a Comment