Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What I Wish President Obama Would Have Said

I have tried very hard to keep politics off the blog.
Not because I don't have opinions, those who know me KNOW I have me some opinions-STRONG ONES, but because that's not really what this blog is about.

But, with all the speech hoopla I'm having a hard time biting my tongue and finally just gave up.
So, here is my two cents-for what they are worth. . perhaps not even two cents.

**For the record, it didn't bother me that the President wanted to speak to America's children, but here is what I wish he would've said.

You are important. You are special. No matter your size, color, gender or abilities. I'm sorry my position on any abortion at anytime, doesn't convey that.

Don't do drugs. I shouldn't have done them and I'm sorry that I've glamorized the use of them.

America is a blessed nation. Freedom is what all men and women long for. Although not perfect, by far the greatest system the world has known.
I'm sorry that I haven't conveyed that message, but instead I've gone to foreign countries and bemoaned this great countries flaws, even though in most others countries I wouldn't have stood a chance at becoming their leader. And I have ignored the thousands of lives that have been liberated because men and women have chosen to fight for liberty and our country. America, although not perfect, doesn't need to be wholly changed.

Surround yourselves with people of integrity. Listen to what they say. If they are saying reproachable, vile things, be a person of conviction and stand apart from them.

Work hard, study hard, know that others can't always bail you out.
I know it doesn't seem like that's true, but the world would be a much better place if all people, from CEO's to the average Joe lived that way, not expecting others to pay their way or clean up their messes.

Government can't save you and I'm not the Messiah and I shouldn't have joked about that or let others say that on my behalf.

Help your fellow man, be kind and compassionate. Develop new technologies and medicines, and business. Don't be afraid of success-We NEED people like that to help those who can't-not won't- help themselves.

Thank you and God Bless America.


0 comments:

Post a Comment